Terms and Conditions
Fees apply as follows:
- Course cancelled more than 10 working days before the Course Start Date: fee of £150/€220/$240
- Course cancelled 10 – 6 working days before the Course Start Date: 50% of the total course fees
- Course cancelled 5 or fewer working days before the Course Start Date: 100% of the total course fees
Change of Course Details
- Change of course details (dates or products) after confirmation: £150/€220/$240
- Fees are not reimbursed if a student arrives after the scheduled Course Start Date or departs before the scheduled Course End Date.
- If a course is cancelled or postponed after the Course Start Date, fees are not reimbursed.
Students may postpone a course up to 10 working days before the course start date for a fee of £75/€100/$120. The course must be rebooked at the same time in order not to incur cancellation fees. Postponing a course fewer than 10 working days before the course start date will incur full cancellation fees.
- InTuition Languages will provide documentation supporting a visa application in the UK or Ireland, upon receipt of full fees. If a visa application is unsuccessful, we will refund fees in full (less a £150 / €150 administration fee) upon receipt of a visa refusal letter.
- It is students' responsibility to ensure that they leave adequate time to acquire a visa once their course has been confirmed. No fees will be refunded if a student has not received a visa in time to begin their course as scheduled.
- We do not issue documentation supporting visa applications for courses in other countries. Students should travel as visitors, according to each country's immigration rules.
- Post-Brexit, students from many countries (including all EEA countries and Switzerland) do not require a visa for a short-term language course in the UK. For a full list of visa-exempt countries, please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_United_Kingdom.
- InTuition Languages Ltd acts only as agent between its students and Educational Tour Operators, and tutors. Under no circumstances can InTuition Languages Ltd be held responsible for any injury, damage, loss, delay or accident which may occur during a student’s stay with a host tutor family, or as a result of activities which they take part in during their stay or whilst travelling to and from the student's home, or loss of property.
- Lessons missed by students due to illness or absence will not be refunded. No monies can be refunded for any reason. Neither InTuition Languages Ltd nor the host family is responsible for students’ personal possessions. It is an explicit condition of enrolment that students accept full financial responsibility for any damage caused by them to the host tutor’s property during a course.
- Neither InTuition Languages nor tutors provide insurance cover for adult students, and it is a condition of attending one of our courses that students obtain personal travel insurance against cancellation, accident, illness or loss of property.
- All EU students travelling within the EU or to the UK are advised to register for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), as well as arranging insurance cover.
- Insurance cover is provided as standard for each Young Learner course. It covers against course cancellation, personal injury, medical, loss of personal belongings and personal liability. Full details are provided at course confirmation.
- InTuition Languages Ltd endeavours to place students in the region of first choice wherever possible but reserves the right to place students in other regions if there is no compatible family in the first-choice location. We also reserve the right to change an allocated teacher before or during the course if this becomes necessary, for whatever reason. In the unusual event of a host tutor not being available, we reserve the right to recommend a homestay with one family and lessons with an outside teacher.
- We insist that all parents or guardians of Young Learner students complete a Parental Consent Form prior to the Course Start Date. This outlines responsibilities and what is expected of the parent and student. Host families have a duty of care over all Young Learner students for the duration of a course. No student under 16 years of age may leave the host tutor’s home unaccompanied without explicit permission from their parent or guardian.
- We cannot accept any retrospective claim or complaint from a student. Problems must be brought to our attention during a course. We will seek to manage and resolve any problem brought to our attention during the course with extreme delicacy and tact and will, if necessary, move a student to a new host tutor with a minimum of disruption. Please note that notification of any problem is the responsibility of the student or their agent. In the event of the discovery of any serious health problem or contagious illness, mental or physical disability, or special education need not disclosed at the time of booking, or criminal or anti-social behaviour on the part of a student, we reserve the right to terminate a course and repatriate that student at their own cost and without refund of fees.