English for Politics and Government Administration
Improve your English while learning more about British and European politics.
On this course, you will learn about both national and local politics, exploring the specific vocabulary and terms associated with politics and government. Our knowledgeable tutors will help you understand the language of policy making and “parliamentary language”. The course can include a fascinating Saturday visit with your host tutor to the British Parliament, which will provide you with a first-hand insight into the parliamentary system.
1. To develop language skills in all aspects of political life, including legislation and communication with other parliamentarians or politicians
2. To develop skills in voice and delivery, content, handling questions and delivery of speeches.
3. To develop an understanding of the British political system
4. To work on vocabulary and language relevant to politics, thereby building confidence
- Full board: Breakfast/Lunch Dinner
- Comfortable accommodation study bedroom
- Day 1 diagnostic assessment
- Student telephone helpline
- Experienced exam tutor
- The latest published exam materials
- 2 accompanied excursions per week
- Free Transfers from local station
- Online certificate & end of course report
- Pre course planner & student portal
- Free Wifi with host family
- Two free online lessons post course
|Orienteering the local area.
|Tuesday||The EU role and the role of the European Parliament.
Specific vocabulary building.
Conversation in social situations.
|Visit to the pub.
|Wednesday||Diary reading and comprehension.
|Vocabulary & pronunciation.
The development of parliamentary democracy.
|Visit to Chartwell, home of Winston Churchill.
|Thursday||Vocabulary & pronunciation.
|Grammar skills in making speeches.
|Friday||Devolution: good or bad?
Written paper: democracy.
|Visit to castle.|
|Saturday||Visit to Parliament.|
Enrol For This Course
Click the button below to be taken to our enrolment form. One of our team will then contact you to confirm your booking and arrange payment.
If you’re not sure which is the right course for you please call +44 (0) 20 7739 4411: we speak French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish and Portuguese.