English Exam PreparationYour exam is too important to fail
Our Intensive English Exam Preparation Courses will help you get the best possible result in your chosen English exam.
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
English Exam Preparation Course
Our Exam Preparation courses are aimed at helping students develop their language skills and techniques for specific, internationally-recognised examinations.
Our host tutors across the UK provide a mature and experienced approach to every training programme, focussing on the key skills development and outcomes required. They have the knowledge and experience to help you maximise your potential.
Who is it for?
Our typical Exams student is someone who is highly motivated and needs to learn fast. We have many Cambridge English exam students, particularly IELTS, but also attract students studying for other entrance exams like the Baccalaureate and Prepa in France, and the LINGUASKILLS for Business Examination.
We also provide study for the TOEIC exam.
Our English Exam courses provide you with the opportunity to study alongside an experienced exam trainer, who will assess and guide you through the exam preparation process. We get a lot of students coming to us when they have failed the first time. They all with they had come to us first!
- One-to-one lessons from an experienced English language exam trainer
- A course delivered just for your needs, at your precise level and at the optimal speed
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to develop your real language skills and not just English for Exams
- We include two accompanied excursions per week to bring the language alive
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
- Free Post Course online English lesson included in the standard course fee
Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses in languages, so everyone’s level is slightly different. InTuition’s unique Language Assessment Profiler™ enables us to assess your language level in the critical areas:
Your tutor will then design your Personal Study Plan with you and using specific Exam materials to meet your level and prepare you for your exam.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review matched to your exam syllabus||
Exam Technique work
Discover the local area
|Traditional fish and chips supper. Exam preparation|
|Tuesday||Past Paper Exam practice. Pronunciation & fluency focus for Oral Exam||Writing skills & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary building. Improving writing skills||
Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast
|Dinner & relax with the family. Exam preparation|
|Thursday||Exam techniques and tips. Mock exam with review with tutor||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary skills. Improving listening skills||
Final review of exam plus tips and techniques
Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle
|Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All English Exam Preparation courses include:
- Pre-Course Planner and Student Portal Access
- Diagnostic assessment with the InTuition Languages Level Profiler on the first day of your course
- Personalised study materials, selected by the host tutor for each course. Includes a course book for the student to keep at the end of the course
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.
+44 20 7739 4411
+44 7809 218336