Learn Italian in ItalyExperience the real language and culture of Italy
Vivere e studiare nella casa del insegnante
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY THE
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
Course Overview - Learn Italian in Italy
'Alla casa del tuo insegnante' is the ideal way to make rapid progress in speaking Italian.
Our Italian in a Teacher’s home course is held in a relaxed environment, the comfortable home of your own tutor.
Your course is designed for you, at your level and delivered to your needs. You will be impressed at just how quickly your confidence grows as your Italian improves. One-to-one home tuition with homestay in your teacher’s home is the most effective way to develop language skills in a short period of time.
You can choose to have 15, 20 or 25 hours of lessons per week with your own private host teacher. Out of lessons you will have the opportunity to practise what you have learnt.
Who is it for? - Learn Italian in Italy
For Italian language learners who know that the best way to progress is to engage the locals and have one-to-one tuition in the country.
Don’t worry too much about your level as on your first day, your tutor will assess your level of grammar, listening comprehension and oral fluency and design a course according to your objectives. Out of the lessons, you will have the opportunity to practise what you have learnt, so it is ideal for motivated learners who want to get the most out of living and being immersed in an Italian speaking environment.
Key Facts - Learn Italian in Italy
- One-to-one lessons from an experienced language tutor
- A course delivered just for your needs and interests
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to develop your real language skills
- Cultural immersion to you understand the language more
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
Course Content - Learn Italian in Italy
Select 15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week. In addition, you would normally be given between one and two hours' work to prepare for the next day's lessons. Each lesson is 60 minutes.
Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses in languages, so everyone’s level is slightly different. Your courses will cover the core skills: speaking, listening, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading and writing.
Sample Course Timetable
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Italian grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional Italian pizza supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving Italian writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: Cycle through the beautiful Tuscan landscape||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving Italian listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit the Castello di Malaspina||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk and eat a gelato|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
Course Features - Learn Italian in Italy
- You progress more when your are in a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere
- Quality homestay accommodation with private study bedroom
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
- Choose 3, 4 or 5 lessons of one-to-one Italian per day
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday throughout the year
- If you have a friend or a colleague whose standard of French and needs are similar to your own, two students can share the lessons for a considerably reduced cost
We have quality host tutors in and around Venice and Tuscany.
Italian Courses Include:
- Diagnostic assessment on the first day of your course
- Personalised materials, selected by the host tutor for each course
- Two afternoon activities per week
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline