Fluent in Six Months
A unique blended online and home tuition course, available exclusively at InTuition Languages.
We do what language learning apps can't: turn you from a Beginner (A1) to Fluent (B2) in six months.
What does Fluent (B2) mean?
B2 refers to the one of the levels in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) system. A B2 speaker is able to:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialisation.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
The Fluent in Six Months (FI6M) Programme
What makes our FI6M programme unique is the sequential use of online and home tuition immersion course formats.
Pre-Course Assessment and Preparation
Before your FI6M course starts, we take some time to get to know you and your goals. We also thoroughly assess your current level in the language of study. We then carefully match you with one of our tutors, based on your preferences, priorities and objectives. Before you commit to the course, you have a free 30-minute Meet Your Tutor online session with your matched tutor: it's always you who makes the final decision to proceed.
Students commence the programme with 25 weeks of 1:1 online learning: typically, four hours per week. You and your tutor work out a convenient schedule for you, fitting around any other work and social commitments. Flexibility is at the heart of every InTuition programme, and FI6M is no exception. If life gets in the way of your studies, you can extend the online element of the programme beyond 25 weeks if required.
Home Tuition Immersion
After the online study is complete, you are ready to take your language learning to the next level with two weeks' full immersion training in your tutor's home. Studying 20 hours 1:1 each week, you build on your existing knowledge and rapidly develop your confidence and spoken fluency in your target language. Don't forget that even after lessons finish each day, you are still immersed 24/7 in the language and culture - and your tutor is on hand to provide any additional support and guidance whenever required.
InTuition courses are intended to be comprehensive, all-inclusive experiences, and the FI6M programme is no exception. On the course, you'll receive:
- 100 hours (25 weeks) 1:1 online MFL tuition
- 40 hours (2 weeks) 1:1 home tuition immersion MFL tuition
- Pre-course and end of course assessment
- End of course certificate
- All study materials
- During the home tuition immersion part of the programme:
- Full-board accommodation in your tutor's family home
- Private study bedroom
- Two cultural activities / excursions each week