English Course for Adults
Learn and maximise your English skills at a pace that works for you via our tailored One-to-One English Course for Adults.
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
ENGLISH FOR ADULTS
English Course for Adults
This is our most popular English language programme, for students from lower level students through to advanced English speakers. Make rapid progress towards fluency with a tailored English course, aimed at your level, and delivered to your needs.
Progress is monitored from day one to ensure that you are on the right track to improve your fluency, confidence and accuracy.
Who is it for?
One-to-one is ideal for anyone who needs to learn quickly. Our students are motivated to learn English and want to concentrate on improving their fluency quickly. As we immerse you in the English language you will be able to practice your English out of the class, relaxing over meal times, chatting in the evening and when meeting people on afternoon excursions. You will be our guest but also treated like a family member.
- Choose between 3, 4, 5 or 6 one-to-one (60 minute) lessons per day
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to broaden your experiences so you are living, learning English.
- Two accompanied excursions per week
- Maximise progress in a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
Using InTuition’s unique Language Level Profiler, each Host Tutor assesses students’ language ability across 7 different areas:
Your Personal Study Plan is built around this assessment, with the Host Tutor selecting materials from our extensive one-to-one resources library to create a 100% personalised course.
You will be busy all week, immersed in the culture, learning, practicing your language in context and meeting friends and family.
Sample Timetable (2 weeks+ course)
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Create Personal Study Plan. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
English Course for Adults includes:
- Pre-Course Planner and Student Portal Access
- Diagnostic assessment with the InTuition Languages Level Profiler on the first day of your course
- Personalised study materials, selected by the host tutor for each course. Includes a course book for the student to keep at the end of the course
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.