English for Public Sector Services and Government TechnologyProfessional English Specialisations
Improve your English while learning more about British and European politics
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS
English for Public Sector Services and Government Technology
On this course, you will learn about both national and local politics, exploring the specific vocabulary and terms associated with politics and government. Our knowledgeable tutors will help you understand the language of policy making and “parliamentary language”. The course can include a fascinating Saturday visit with your host tutor to the British Parliament, which will provide you with a first-hand insight into the parliamentary system.
Who is it for?
We have welcomed many levels of politicians from Government ministers to EU bureaucrats to local Mayors. We also have taught many Civil Servants from many different departments, tax, social housing and benefits, education, transport.
- Stay with a tutor who understands your role
- Get first hand knowledge of the system and the language you need for your job
- Learn parliamentary language
• To develop language skills in all aspects of political life, including legislation and communication with other parliamentarians or politicians
• To develop skills in voice and delivery, content, handling questions and delivery of speeches.
• To develop an understanding of the British political system
• To work on vocabulary and language relevant to politics, thereby building confidence
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar related to politics||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Creating agenda's and prepare a meeting. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the old town||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit Westminster||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.