English for Banking, Insurance and FinancialProfessional English Specialisations
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS
English for Banking, Insurance and Financial
This intensive course is suitable for managers involved in all aspects of Accountancy and Finance Services and prepares trainees’ English for these specialist fields.
Who is it for?
Middle and senior executives involved in finance and accountancy. Many of our clients come from the International Banking sector as well as finance managers working in internationally, who need to improve their fluency and confidence in English in their workplace.
Insurance: Executives and middle managers in the insurance industry whether it is commercial or consumer or the re-insurance sector.
- Focus on the skills area you need most: presentations, meetings, negotiations
- Choose an intensive 1 week with 30 hours of One-to-One, whenever you prefer
- We can organise a ‘Weekend Intensive' upon reques
- London is a major centre for the world’s insurance industry and a great place to come and learn English for the insurance sector. Most big insurance companies have an office in the CIty of London
- Many of our clients study with us and visit their London office during the week
Course Content and Aims
• To communicate effectively in meetings
• To widen vocabulary range within chosen field
• To develop confidence when discussing financial problems and understanding figures and statistic
Choice of study topics includes: the EU, the Euro, Insurance, Taxation, Financial Instruments and Stock Markets.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Setting up a meeting. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a Bank||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on negotiation talks||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit the Business district of town||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.