Communicating effectively in EnglishProfessional English Specialisations
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
PROFESSIONAL & BUSINESS
Communication effecitively in English
One-to-one allows the student to really concentrate on improving their performance in this area and ideal for those who need to improve quickly. Your confidence in speaking and understanding English will be maximised.
Who is it for?
This course is for professionals who want to develop their professional English communication skills, in a work and social context.
- Choose between 20 to 30 hour per week of intensive one-to-one
- All in one course: Full-board accommodation in comfortable home
- Focus on communication in professional context
Course participants can expect the following areas to be covered in the course:
• Presentation about one’s own work, the language for simulated meetings
• Presenting figures and graphs and describing trends
• Comparing national economies, working practices and social conditions
• This course is also ideal for addressing broader topics needed when managers are speaking with their counterparts enabling practice on a range of topical issues such as:
• Current affairs
• Social, political and environmental issues, education and training
• Advertising and the media
• Technology and society
• Entertaining visitors and handling social situations like meeting and greeting restaurants and pubs, small talk
If you need to improve your English to help you to be more effective at work, this is the way to do it. You will find the process of learning/revising essential grammar and skills more stimulating when you can relate it to a Business English context.
So one-to-one lessons with your teacher, reinforced by the many opportunities for practising you will have from daily interaction with your family, will enable you to increase your confidence to communicate, enhance your vocabulary and make you more at ease in a Business environment.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a congress||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on technology and society||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.