English PlusCombine your General English course with a personal interest
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
ENGLISH FOR ADULTS
Simply exchange English lessons for lessons based on your favourite interest, creating a special, project-based course which will give you a real sense of achievement (a minimum level of low- intermediate is advised). Instead of 20 lessons English per week, choose 10 hours’ English lessons and 10 hours’ creative or cultural activities.
Who is it for?
Discover the culture of the Arts, choose fine arts and painting or, the famous Shakespearean theatre or visit the Art Galleries of London.
If you like to explore interesting places and learn new things at the same time as learning English then this is the course for you.
How would you like to join us on one of our British cultural courses and find out about old traditions and institutions such as royal residences, stately homes and cream teas.
- Learning English with an interest is the best way to enjoy a language course
- Stay with a homestay tutor who has experience in your chosen interest
- Understand the “real” culture by living and learning English with a local expert
- Creative Cookery
- Flower arranging
- Try out the combination of English and Baking: learn how to bake traditional cakes, or perhaps you would prefer to practise flower arranging and learn about flowers, markets and gardens
British culture options:
- Royal British Heritage – famous people and places
Nature and outdoor options:
- Flowers and Gardens
- Bird Watching
- Hill Walking
- Horse riding
- Music / Classical Music
- Arts / Painting & Sculpture
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Creative cooking & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the Theatre||Dinner & relax with the family. Bake traditional cakes|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on Classical Music||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: go horse riding||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening hill walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: go bird watching||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & antique shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.
+44 20 7739 4411