English Course for Work
One-to-One General Business English
We make you feel confident speaking English
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY THE
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
ENGLISH FOR ADULTS
English Course for Work
Make rapid progress towards fluency with a tailored course to enable managers who use English for their career to develop practical English skills which are applicable to everyday office communication.
This course combines general English with Business English to improve the vocabulary and fluency in your business environment.
Who is it for?
Our English for Work course is ideal for managers who use English for work and need to interact with international colleagues and clients. It doesn't matter what level of English you have, if you need to improve your English to help you to be more effective at work, this is the course for you!
You will find the process of learning and revising essential grammar and skills more stimulating when you can relate it to a Business English context. You will learn quickly, and derive maximum benefit from the time you spend out of the office.
- Choose between 15 and 30 hour per week of 1:1 tuition with an English for Work specialist tutor
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
- Complete Immersion in the language and Culture
- One-to-one lessons with your host tutor
- Standard tuition materials are provided
Using InTuition’s unique Language Level Profiler, each Host Tutor assesses students’ language ability across 7 different areas:
Your Personal Study Plan is built around this assessment, with the Host Tutor selecting materials from our extensive one-to-one resources library to create a 100% personalised course.
Course content is tailored to each student’s personal requirements, but common areas of focus are:
- Telephone and email communications
- Customer service
- Common office functions
You will be busy all week, immersed in the culture, learning, practicing your language in context and meeting friends and family.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Create Personal Study Plan. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
English Course for Adults include:
- Pre-Course Planner and Student Portal Access
- Diagnostic assessment with the InTuition Languages Level Profiler on the first day of your course
- Personalised study materials, selected by the host tutor for each course. Includes a course book for the student to keep at the end of the course
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
English courses in:
Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy, Netherlands...