English for TeachersExtend your Adult English Course
Dedicated one-to-one tuition specifically designed to improve your teaching ability
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
ENGLISH FOR ADULTS
English for teachers
Your course will be with an experienced English language teacher who will use a wide range of authentic materials to extend your range of idioms, expressions and language skills. You can work on your pronunciation and discuss topical issues with your host teacher and their family.
Who is it for?
It is ideal for teachers of English who need a refresher English course to brush up communication skills, vocabulary and use of English for the classroom.
- Choose the dates you want to come, usually school holidays
- Flexible on intensity of one-to-one lessons: 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours per week
- Personalise your course: You tell us what subject areas you want to focus on and what age of children you teach!
- You can even make a preference for location.
The ‘English for Teachers’ course is extremely flexible and is tailored to meet your individual requirements, depending on the age of the students you teach and the subjects you teach them. We then choose a tutor according to your experience.
This is an English course aimed at upper intermediate or advanced speakers of English but is not a Teacher Trainer or a techniques based course. Usually, the formal tuition takes place in the mornings, leaving the afternoons and evenings free for activities, visits and excursions with the teacher or private study.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the University||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on teaching||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving communicating skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
Study a language where it's spoken
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
English courses in:
Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy, Netherlands...