English for 60 PlusExtend your Adult English Course
Learn English in comfortable family surroundings with a host tutor of your own age
- 30 Years of ExperienceTens of thousands of bespoke language courses successfully designed and delivered
- InCover™ IncludedComprehensive protection for hosts and students. Always included and always free.
- Fully Accredited CoursesFor assured quality and peace of mind
ENGLISH FOR ADULTS
English for 60 Plus
Learning English one-to-one with a teacher and their family of a similar age, carefully chosen by us to enable you to share your leisure time happily and enjoy conversing with compatible people, you will be amazed at how quickly you make progress.
Who is it for?
If you have ever wanted to imrpove or expand your knowledge of English but hesitated to join a group course because you know the average age of the students will be teens and twenties, InTuition courses are for you.
- Choose your location and homestay tutor with similar interests
- Experience the local culture with a homestay tutor of your age
- Stay in a quality homestay and learn in a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday throughout the year
- You can take a 2 to 1 if you come with a friend, relative or colleague of same level of language
The teachers who take part in our programme have mostly had other careers before coming into the English Language teaching field, which is why they bring such a wealth of experience to the courses they teach.
They host students because they are all educated and cultured people and they enjoy being sociable and teaching and entertaining. We require them also to have a high standard of comfortable accommodation in good residential areas.
They are all personally selected by us, are young at heart where it counts, and judged by us on the quality of the service they provide to our students which bears no relation to their age in years. All have a wide range of interests and will seek to share in any hobbies and enthusiasms their students have.
+ Meal times, outings or just quiet evenings at home in the company of your hosts will all serve to reinforce and consolidate the structures and vocabulary acquired during your hours of formal lessons.
+ If you are a couple, or friends/colleagues with very similar levels of English, we can arrange two-to-one courses at considerably reduced cost.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Presentation preparation|
|Tuesday||Presentation delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving writing skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the museum||Dinner & relax with the family. Presentation preparation|
|Thursday||Presentation delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
All courses include:
- First day level assessment
- Personalised study materials
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Personalised social activities
- Certificate of Attendance
- Student web Portal
- Free transfers from the local station
- Free Wifi
- 24-hour student helpline
Study a language where it's spoken
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
English courses in:
Malta, USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, Italy, Netherlands...
Speak with one of our dedicated
language learning experts now