Academic English CourseLearn from your Personal Academic Tutor
The best preparation for Academic Studies in English
- AWARD-WINNINGBEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCEDOVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCILFOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
VOTED BEST LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN ENGLAND
OVER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
ACCREDITED BY BRITISH COUNCIL
FOR TEACHING ENGLISH IN THE UK
Academic English Course
This Academic English course is designed to prepare students for Academic studies in their own country and also for those attending University in the UK. It enables the trainee to develop and practise the special skills and formal language necessary in order to achieve academic success.
There are advanced English writing skills as well as help in working on style for dissertations and research papers, plus listening and note taking skills for lectures. We aim to develop students’ fluency and confidence while building their grammar and vocabulary, with a particular focus on the technical English required for academic success.
Who is it for?
Designed for Academic and Higher Education students who need to study in English medium for some or all of their studies, our Academic English course enables the trainee to develop and practise the special skills and formal language necessary in order to achieve academic success.
For students preparing for the Prepa exam, we offer targeted support for both the English and academic subject elements of the programme.
- One-to-one lessons from a tutor with Academic English teaching skills
- A course delivered just for your needs, at your precise level and at the optimal speed
- Outside formal lessons, social excursions and activities help to develop your real language skills and not just English for Academic life
- Cultural immersion to prepare you for life at a Higher Education institution
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday, all year round
- Free Post Couse 0nline English lesson included in the standard course fee
Select 15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week. In addition, you would normally be given between one and two hours' work to prepare for the next day's lessons. Each lesson is 60 minutes.
Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses in languages, so everyone’s level is slightly different. InTuition’s unique Language Assessment Profiler™ enables us to assess your language level in the critical areas:
Your tutor will then design your Personal Study Plan with you and using specific materials to meet your level and prepare you for your goals.
Following the end of your English course, all students receive one hour free online video tutoring with InTuition Vis-a-Vis. Keep in touch with your host tutor and continue your future language development.
|Sunday||Arrival||Arrival and settling in||Dinner and meeting the family|
|Monday||Needs analysis & course design. Grammar review||Discover the local area||Traditional fish and chips supper. Research paper preparation|
|Tuesday||Research rapport delivery. Pronunciation & fluency focus||Diary writing & punctuation. Free time in the local area||Dinner & relax with family. Visit to the local pub|
|Wednesday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving note taking skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to the coast||Dinner & relax with the family. Research paper preparation|
|Thursday||Research rapport delivery. Focus on discourse markers||Focus on grammar & accuracy. Free time in the local area||Dinner & film night with the family. Diary writing|
|Friday||Grammar & vocabulary review. Improving lecutre listening skills||Excursion with your tutor: visit to a local castle||Dinner & relax with the family. Evening walk|
|Saturday||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Excursion with your tutor: city visit & shopping||Dinner & relax with the family. Diary writing|
Academic English Courses include:
- Pre-Course Planner and Student Portal Access
- Diagnostic assessment with the InTuition Languages Level Profiler on the first day of your course
- Personalised study materials, selected by the host tutor for each course. Includes a course book for the student to keep at the end of the course
- End of Course Report with recommendations for future study
- Certificate of Attendance
- 24-hour student helpline
IN EXCITING LOCATIONS
Choose to learn English in a teacher's home in a city like London, Edinburgh, Dublin or New York, or in the beautiful English countryside.
It is also possible to do a one-to-one or two-to-one course by the sea, in a town like Brighton or Bournemouth. Further afield, our host tutors in Malta, USA and Canada add to the range of locations to choose.
+44 20 7739 4411