Why Choose InTuition
“Personal” is a big word at InTuition. We treat each student as a unique individual. On an InTuition one-to-one homestay language programme, students are carefully matched to a Host Tutor who is specialised in teaching English one-to-one, and who meets each student’s needs and shares each student’s interests.
Twenty-five years’ experience means we know how to help students maximise their progress in English, in the shortest period of time, in a relaxed and hospitable environment.
At InTuition we understand the different needs of those who want to further their English, so we offer a range of courses running throughout the year. If you can’t find a programme that suits you exactly, contact us and we’ll create one for you.
Finally feel at home learning English.
I look forward to welcoming you to learn the InTuition way – much more than just a language course.
International House is a network of over 150 schools in over 54 countries around the world, all committed to the highest standards in education and training. International House World Organisation (IHWO)’s goal as a non-profit organisation is to raise language education standards world-wide.
All centres adhere to the same codes of practice and follow rigorous inspections to ensure they all offer the same high quality education and customer service around the world.
IH InTuition Languages has been a proud member of the IHWO family since 1996.
Each has its own unique flavour, but all are inspired by one common aim: the very highest standards in language education
• Our language centres teach English and a wide variety of other languages and are all independently owned and run.
• Quality is at the core of everything we do. Only language schools that meet our exceptional quality standards are allowed to use the International House brand.
• International House pioneered Teacher Training programmes for English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and our courses and centres remain some of the most sought after in the industry.
• International House teachers write the course books. Many of the course books used today by ELT teachers are written by teaching experts trained by International House. These include Headway, Cutting Edge, Language To Go, Natural Grammar and Fountain.
English UK is the national association of accredited English language centres. As the leading language teaching association it governs standards and provides quality assurance for member language schools in the UK.
IH InTuition is also the only one-to-one immersion provider to be a member of the prestigious Business English UK group of leading Business and Management training companies.
2. An Affiliate employs as teachers only those whose professional training and qualifications are approved by the International House World Organisation.
3. An Affiliate observes a high standard of professional and commercial conduct in all its dealings with students, clients, staff, other affiliates, and the general public.
4. The prospectus and other promotional information issued by an Affiliate presents a true and accurate picture of the organisation, its facilities, courses, and other services.
5. An Affiliate co-operates and exchanges information with other Affiliates and plays an active part in the conferences and educational activities of the International House World Organisation.
6. An Affiliate respects all applicable local laws and regulations governing the conduct of its affairs.
Download our Student Charter PDF
Our success is founded on our quality guarantee: we work only with quality Homestay English Teachers. Our host teachers are chosen for the quality of their teaching and standard of accommodation, as well as their hospitality. We also support them with training and welfare support to make sure they have the full back up of InTuiton Languages while they are hosting their students.
As members of IHWO, we ensure that our Host Tutors benefit from one of the best teacher training resource centres in the world. We are constantly monitoring and improving teaching standards so students can be confident that they will receive the best in EFL tuition.
Our Quality Guarantee
1. We sent you a full proposal of your Host Tutor before you confirm, including pictures, a map, and detailed profile.
2. Our UK-based teachers hold the CELTA or Trinity TESOL certificate to teach English as a foreign language.
3. Each teacher is personally interviewed by an InTuition Languages team member. In the UK and Ireland, the experienced InTuition team interview and inspect the homes of all of our homestay teachers.
4. We observe their lessons, provide materials and resources and an experienced academic team.
5. Our Junior Homestay Teachers are fully vetted, referenced and DBS (police) checked.
6. We provide an online Portal for students and teachers to access course materials and end of course reports.
7. We organise International House Teacher Training Programmes for our teaches to make sure they are aware of the latest techniques and developments in EFL teaching.
8. We include use all course materials in all our programmes.
9. We include two afternoon activities on our adult courses, and four on our Junior courses.
Our Core Values
We go the extra mile
We act as a team by cooperating with one another in our daily work.
We are proud of what we do
We exceed customer satisfaction by catering to the needs of our students and teachers and caring for one another
We deliver on our promises
We are responsible in our work and accountable for our actions
We have a can-do mindset
We believe that putting the student first secures the success of our students which leads to the success of InTuition.
We put back
We deliver Train the Trainer courses to teachers in severely under-privileged communities around the world.